A 4×4 lace closure is a square or horseshoe-shaped wig that you place, usually on the middle or top portion of your head. It adds volume to your pre-existing natural hair. You can style effectively and there are many other things that you can do.
This article covers all the essential aspects of buying, wearing, and maintaining 4×4 lace closure wigs. There’s no doubt that getting bundles with closure lace wigs at a heavy discount is a wise choice. However, you still need to know how to buy and maintain them for longevity. Here is everything you need to know:
How To Buy A Lace Closure Wig?
This is a quick guide and everything essential that you’d have to consider. Remember, the quality depends on your budget:
- Get organic or 100% human hair lace closure wigs. These will last longer and provide a natural look.
- Make sure that the wig is comfortable to wear for extended periods.
- A good lace closure wig will blend with your natural hair and look the part.
- Check if the knots and laces are seamless to blend with your hair perfectly.
- There are three types of part options available. Choose them as per your preference.
- Try to match the color and type of hair you have for a more natural look.
How To Wear A Lace Closure Wig?
Many people don’t know how to wear the lace closure wig correctly. Here is a quick guideline and tips for you:
- Try always to wear a wig cap if possible. The less obvious it is, the better. If not, then make sure that your hair is style flat to prevent any bump or elevation.
- Next, put on the lace closure wig. It is better to wear it from the front and push it backward, not from upwards and moving it downwards.
- Use combs or hair clippers to hold the wig in the position so that you can style and knot them with your natural hair more efficiently.
- Give a final touch by fixing the hairline and the stranded hair. Use tweezers to pull extra hair if needed.
How To Clean A Lace Closure Wig?
You don’t need to spend too much on maintenance. Even if you buy a bundle, it is good to take good care of the lace closure wigs. Here is a quick guide on how to do that:
- Buy a shampoo and condition that is specifically available for wigs in the market. These have essential ingredients to make them long-lasting.
- Make sure always to use a wide-tooth comb to untangle the hair quickly. Comb them from end to lace, not the other way around.
- Try to use warm water as it is will more soothing and keep the hair quality better.
- Always use a clean towel to wipe the water after rinsing the shampoo, and let them dry naturally. Don’t use hair dryers.
- You will have to use the condition twice. Before and after the wash for the wig to maintain that luster you love it for.